Saturday, March 23, 2013

Strength Train for Trail Running at Runner's World | Runner's World

Training routines to build strength for a comeback tour.

I should have had this article when I ran my first, and only trail run, the Nipmuck trail run.



When I was preparing to run that race, I checked with other members of my running team. One member asked about my marathon time. At the time, it was just over 3 hours. He said, "You can add about an hour to your time.  And you'll probably fall 4 times during the race."

I think I beat the odds. I only fell 3 times, but the third fall tore a big hole in the palm of my hand.

Ouch!

Found the Nipmuck trail results here. Mind you, when I ran this race, the Internet wasn't the ubiquitous communication tool it is today. So someone has been busy taking old records and sticking them into an updated MySQL database.

Gotta love it

1991 Nipmuck Trail run results here.

Here are the strength training exercises to get me back on track.

Strength Train for Trail Running at Runner's World | Runner's World

No comments:

Post a Comment