Saturday, July 24, 2010

A 10 Mile Walkathon

Created a new loop today, just to get some miles in. This was supposed to be an easy run after doing the 1.5 mile repeats and the hill repeats. But the heat and humidity made this run feel like a real chore. A heat advisory was in effect right at the time that I started until 8:00 PM, about the time that the storm was scheduled to move in.

Hip was a pain to deal with today. And it rained just before the run, which put a whole lot more water in the air.

I did a lot of walking to keep moving forward.



It took me close to 2 hours just to get in just over 10 miles.

During the run, I passed by a girl walking with her dog. The dog looked like I felt—eyes bugged out, tongue dragging the ground, head bobbing back and forth in search of water. Poor puppy. Poor me!

Today should have been one of those days where I rested. The heat sapped way too much strength.

In fact, this run reminded me of a race I did in Salem MA, the Pickering Wharf 10k. It was over 90 degrees and over 95% humidity. A fun little race in Salem, MA but I don’t think it’s held any more.

One of the saving graces of the race, however, was the post race beer.

Kind of like what I’m having right now. Blue Moon Summer Ale.

2 hours today. And lost about a gallon of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment