Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Speed Work On The Road

So today began my new venture in speed workouts.

Using the Dailymile application, I plotted out a small loop around Horseshoe Lake. After my previous run where I realized that my legs were just not providing any power, I decided that I needed a little more than a track workout but not quite up to a full-blown tempo run.



This 1.5 loop of pain and mayhem seems to fit the bill.

It provides me with a way to keep my pace smooth and even for a longer period of time.

It also puts more stress on the system. Not quite a tempo run, but it’s a good start.

Ran three of these loops and then enough time to put in a total of 2 hours today.

Time for the three loops:

Time (min) Pace (min/mile)
11:007:08
11:057:11
11:137:16

No comments:

Post a Comment